Friday, December 13, 2013

friday musings

TGIF! Today I'm thankful for:

I was pulled over by a State Trooper and given a warning ticket for tailgating on my way home from Raleigh last weekend. He had just pulled onto the highway and I didn't see him, but the car in front of me in the left lane obviously had a radar detector and slowed way down. It could have been so much worse. (Did you know that tailgating gives you four lovely points on your license? I did not, but I do now.)



A new spot opened up in the preschool gymnastics class that is roughly the same time as Julianna's gymnastics class so now Josh can go to gymnastics too. (And mama doesn't have to wrangle a bored four year old for an hour.)

My husband won a gift card to some of my favorite restaurants at his work Christmas party. I love a man that will fight for a prize for his woman.

He also won the raffle grand prize which was a new flat screen TV. Sweet!

My mom sends us pictures every once in a while of our kids while we're at work. They're so cute! It's so nice to see what they're doing while we can't be there.




I've had two random observations in my classroom this week and my students were actually on task and doing something productive. This has not been the norm for me so far this year so I am feeling very lucky this week.

I took the kids to see Santa at the library this week. After a major freak out with Chuck E. Cheese recently, I had no idea how Josh would handle seeing him. Fortunately, he sat down on his lap without fuss. And then promptly told Santa he wanted Doggie Doo for Christmas (a game apparently). Yep, that's my kid.



1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like your husband really made out well at that party! That's awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin