Monday, February 23, 2015

stories

At Winter Jam a while back Josh kept asking me question after question and because it was so loud I had to lean way in and get him to talk into my ear. Then when I answered I would turn my mouth to him so he could hear. Well, after a half dozen questions he paused and turned to me and then politely said, "Mom, thanks for answering my questions but next time can you please not spit in my ear?"

-----

Since there were ten music groups performing at Winter Jam there were a lot of set changes and they filled the time with preaching or commercial plugs for various organizations and collections for non-profits. During one of these down times Josh looked at me and simply said, "Mom, I thought we were coming here to hear people sing!?"

-----



"Mom, my corndog has a butt!"
[followed by massive amounts of little boy giggles}

-----

With all of the wintery weather we had last week Jules and I only had school on Monday but Josh's private preschool school went Monday, Thursday and Friday. Well, Thursday and Friday I had to repeatedly explain to a persistent five year old that he would be appreciative of those days that he went to school and we didn't when June rolls around and we were still going and he was not. He simply could not get on board with that kind of thinking and the whining was incessant. In one of the many conversations about how glad he'd be to be out of school in the summer when Jules and I still had to go he scolded me, "No I won't, Mom! There's mosquitoes in the summer!"

-----

Julianna stayed with my mom and dad one day when we were out of school due to snow. She shoveled the ice off one section of their walkway and they paid her some money. When I came to pick her up she proudly showed me the money and said, "Look mom!" I asked her where she got it and she told me she shoveled snow and then quickly added, "I was going to do it for free but..." Mom said when she asked Jules how much she charged Julianna just looked at her funny. When mom asked, "About a dollar?" Julianna replied, "Oh at least a dollar and a half!"



-----

On of my children said they were, "Hot. In both ways."

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin